Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Generally, we collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and any other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline (this is called "personal information");
- That is about you but that does not individually identify you. We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, for example via email or by submitting a form through our Services.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Services includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, or requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
Additionally, we collect the following information:
- Bids: Information that you provide in connection with making or receiving bids on our Services (“Bid(s)”). The Bids you make are not disclosed publicly unless your Bid is the highest bid. And when you request or make a bid, we collect all information submitted in your Request for Proposal or responses thereto (“RFP”), including but not limited to:
- Business or vendor descriptions;
- Descriptions of projects, including their purpose and desired results;
- Specific requirements about preferred materials, tools, systems, and/or products;
- Construction or project deadlines, milestones and dates;
- Questions you would like the respondents to answer or details you would like them to provide;
- Submission deadlines, additional contact information, and guidelines to submit proposals.
- Account Information: When you create an account with us, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, zip code, business address, business information, services you provide, and your industry, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process. We may publicly display the business name that you provide, as well as any other content you submit through the account creation process, as part of your account profile, and as part of our vendor and service provider directory (“Directory”). We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience. You can later modify some of the account information you provide through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your business’s information, you can request its removal.
- Information about requests for troubleshooting or other assistance.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions and financial information in relation to payment for the Services.
- Your search queries on the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, use of our mobile application, and use of our Services, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your mobile device and computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Location information derived from your IP address.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online Services (behavioral tracking).
If you do not want us to collect this information your only option is not to use the Services and to delete any of our software you have installed on your mobile device or otherwise.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, verifying system and server integrity).
The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online Services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.They may also assist with detection of security incidents, or to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us and to develop, provide, support, and personalize the Services.
- For inclusion in our Directory. If you provide any information to the Directory, that information will be public, as is some of your other activity through the Services, like your general business information. You can find our current directory here.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to subscribe to the Services, we will use that information to process your payment.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes or updates to our Services.
- To prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize the Services and to deliver content and Services offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Services, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
We may also use your information to contact you about third-parties' goods and Services that may be of interest to you. We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose, such as credit card processing, or we may share your personal information for third-party advertising, meaning that third parties could use information we provide to them to market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com in order to opt-out, and review the section entitled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.If you provide us with any personal information of third parties (“Data Subjects”) in relation to the Services, you are solely responsible for complying with any regulations or laws that require providing notice, disclosure, obtaining consent prior to transferring Data Subject personal information to us, and you agree to indemnity, defend, and hold us harmless for your failure to do so.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SimplySeal LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We disclose limited information to other users of our Services in order to facilitate the Bids.
- We may disclose the following personal information for purposes of our Directory where consumers may obtain contact information for construction service providers: the first and last name of you submit, email address, zip code, business address, business information, Services provided, and your industry, and any other information you submit at the time of collection. The Directory can be found here.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also always opt out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features. If you believe that any individuals under 18 provided information to our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.